Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fun in Miami (150/365)

A busy and fun day in Miami began with a quick tour of the progress in my brother's new house. You might remember what it looked like a few weeks ago: http://sarapphotography.blogspot.com/2010/04/115365-renovating-davids-house.html

Well Ashley spent this week painting and it looks a LOT better.

Just to remind you - here is what the front room looked like before:


























Now here's the repainted room! He still has to do the trim - probably in a simple white. The red carpet will come up and underneath is gorgeous terrazzo.

David's House

David's House

David's House

David's House

Then there was the room he has decided will be his office. It was covered in wall paper that was PAINSTAKINGLY removed by every member of the family!



Here's what it looked like with the wall paper down



There are these kinda cool closets in there


Here's what it looks like now. It's received a coat of primer and David is now choosing wall colors.

David's House

David's House

Finally the guest room. Previously it was a BRILLIANT shade of green.



Ashley choose the paint color for that room and it is now a BRIGHT shade of purple called Baroness

some color

Baroness

SW6837



David's House

David's House


David's House






Later on we were back at the house hanging out with one of my favorite people - Anna Rosas. I noticed my parents' neighbor posted some yummy pictures of a mango daiquiri he had made on facebook and I made a comment about people across the street with empty tummies. Well about 30 minutes later to our complete surprise the door bell rang and there was our neighbor carrying this box!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mango Daiquiris

So surprising and so yummy! My family has the BEST neighbors ever!

Mango Daiquiri

We spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying those drinks, the pool and the beautiful yard my family has. How pretty are their bougainvilleas?

Yellow Bougainvillea

My dad was working hard on repainting the back patio and we tried to stay out of his way

Dad

As the sun began to set....

Miami sunset

 I snapped a few pictures of my lovely friend Anna (stay tuned for those) and then my mom took a few of us. Here are some edited versions


I added a sun flare to this one

Sara & Anna in Miami

Sara & Anna in Miami

This is Anna telling me to put my hand on my hip cause it makes you look better

Sara & Anna in Miami

Sara & Anna in Miami

And we finished the day with a delicious meal grilled by my brother

Grilling with David

Grilling with David

No comments: