Saturday, April 24, 2010

114/365 Gardening in Miami

I drove to Miami today for a few reasons. I had planned to be here anyway to help my brother with his new house (so much work!!!!!!!!!!), but then my father was admitted to the hospital this week. He had an infection that caused fluid to build up around his heart. Thankfully, the meds and rest have helped clear things up and he was able to be discharged.

While he rested at home, my brother gave me a tour of my parents' garden. My mom's tomato is so happy! It's also been producing fruit steadily for nearly a year now!

Mom's tomato plant

My family planted different color bougainvillea all along their back fence. Some are still small, but others have really taken off. Here's one of the rather small but vibrantly colored ones.

My dad's favorite Bougainvillea

I love the yellow one

The lovely yellow Bougainvillea

Then these are just going gangbusters!!!!!!

Bougainvillea

Bougainvillea

Bougainvillea

Bougainvillea

Bougainvillea

Bougainvillea

Bougainvillea

No comments: