Sunday, February 14, 2010

45/365 Valentine's Day at Disney World

For Valentine's day, we took a break from housework, cleaning, lesson plans, grading and life in general and spent the afternoon at Disney's Magic Kingdom. It was cold and crowded, but a lot of fun.

There weren't very many "must-do's" for this visit, but the one I did have was to visit the Hall of Presidents and see the newly added Barack Obama Animatronic. I love this exhibit for many reasons. First, I love history - even the Disney version :). Second, it's a great place to sit and rest at Disney. It's warm in the winter and cool in the summer and it's 20 minutes of not being in a line or on your feet :)

I love the redo. The music is great, love Morgan Freeman as the narrator and I think they did a great job on the presidents.

Here's Honest Abe - his speech always brings tears to my eyes.

Hall of Presidents - Abraham Lincoln

Introducing - the Presidents

Hall of Presidents - Barack Obama

President Obama's speech

Hall of Presidents - Barack Obama

You can see a cool video (that I didn't do) on the changes here.

Hall of Presidents - Barack Obama
We also went through the Pirates of the Caribbean ride - I think for the first time since they re-did it a while back with the addition of Captain Jack Sparrow. I liked this light fixture inside

Latern in the Pirates of the Caribbean Ride

Of course we had to get Mickey bars!

Enjoying my Mickey Ice Cream bar

And get our picture taken in front of the castle

Valentine's Day at Magic Kingdom

Later on we enjoyed the fireworks from Tomorrow Land. What an amazing view!!!!!!!

Fireworks at Magic Kingdom

Fireworks at Magic Kingdom

Fireworks at Magic Kingdom

Fireworks at Magic Kingdom

Fireworks at Magic Kingdom

Fireworks at Magic Kingdom

Check out how bright the finale is - it actually lights up the trees in front of me!

Fireworks at Magic Kingdom

Fireworks at Magic Kingdom

No comments: